It’s a new year and you have new opportunities to grow and improve your business. Just like goal setting is an important part of our workout regime, so is goal setting an integral part of business. It helps us direct our energy, spot opportunities, maintain motivation and most importantly sets milestones.
Any goal we set for our self (be it in the gym or in the office) needs to be SMART. The SMART acronym stands for
When setting goals, you have to ask yourself a few questions:
- Exactly what do you want to achieve
- By how much would you like to achieve this
- What is a realistic time frame for the goal
Some examples of ‘smart’ goals include: “We want to increase our customer retention by 50% by 1 June 2018”, “We want to increase our profits by 110% by 31 December 2018” and “We want to gain 100 new members by 1 March 2018” and so on. As you can see, it is easy to determine specific tasks that you need to focus on and the success of your efforts. For example a goal that specifies customer retention requires you to focus your efforts on customer relations management (CRM), which can easily be done with BoxChamp’s CRM features. If you with to gain 100 new members, you have to focus on your lead management, also made easy with BoxChamp (have a look at our lead management blog post).
Some tips about goal setting:
1. Think long-term: where do you want your business to be in the next 5, 10 and 20 years. Once you know what your vision for your gym is, then you can start to break this down in to bite-size objectives.
2. Think short-term: Once you have a vision, look at where you are and the steps you need to take to become your envisioned future. Create small manageable goals that will eventually add up to achieve your big goal.
3. Think ‘SMART’: make sure your goal follows the SMART rule.
4. Measure, measure and measure some more: Keep track of your progress to make sure you stay on track and rectify any deviations from the plan quickly. It is also important to celebrate small wins along the way as well.
Set some awesome goals for the year ahead and have fun reaching them! Don’t forget to use the full potential of the BoxChamp platform to track and reach your goals!